We were called out on an emergency to a leaking flat roof in Colinton , Edinburgh by the landlord after her tenant noticed damp then had a drip from her bedroom ceiling . We diagnosed the issues as a poorly fitted watergates and a failed dormer felt flat roof which had no insulation as well as not being a fire rated felt .
When we uplifted the top layer we found the old green mineral flat roof below a layer of water . We removed the green mineral to find only light water damage to the timber at the watergate area as expected, we removed the failed watergate replacing it in lead at both sides ready to receive the replacement fully insulated flat roof finished in single ply membrane .
We then fit a vapour barrier followed by a layer of xtratherm pir flat roof insulation specifically designed to work with the membrane all correctly fixed to the deck using the correct nylon tube washers to ensure no thermal bridging maximizing your new flat roofs performance . We then apply a layer of our single ply membrane which is fully adhered to the surface below to ensure zero uplift even in the strongest of winds .
Once the deck is laid we fix all side and front trims then heat weld all the seams to be as strong as the membrane itself with zero fire risk . Should it be damaged somehow it’s easily repaired and it’s lifespan should not be impaired. As approved contractors all our new roofs come with a manufacturer backed guarantee.
Call us free on 08000488532
- Most flat roofs now require insulation to avoid timber damage due to water vapour condensing on the cold membrane above .
- The insulation moves the cold spot preventing a dew point forming allowing the moisture to circulate below .
- Heat losses via the roof space are the main cause of high energy costs and inefficient buildings .
- Insulation will also keep you cool in summer , so if your room is too warm in summer and cold in winter it’s most likely under insulated .
- Covered with our single ply membrane you have 20yrs peace of mind knowing it’s all guaranteed by the manufacturer the material itself will easily last 35yrs plus and the first roof done with it is now 60 yrs old .